- Collagen reacts very predictably to the application of heat
- At higher temperatures, shorter treatment times can be used to achieve maximum contraction
- At a temperature of ~65°C, treatment time must be >= 152 seconds for significant contraction to occur
- At a temperature of 85°C, treatment time can be reduced to 0.044 seconds (~3,500 times faster)
- Data show Renuvion® rapidly heats tissue to 85°C for just long enough for collagen to achieve maximum contraction
- With Renuvion, heating and cooling back to baseline occurs in less than 0.75 seconds
- The unique Renuvion energy—helium plasma and proprietary RF—allows for precisely-controlled delivery of heat to tissue, with minimal thermal spread
- Rapid heating with near-instantaneous cooling (see figure 1) allows for shorter duration of activation, and therefore less diffusion of heat to the skin
- Studies show that during subdermal use of Renuvion, temperature at the surface of the skin does not rise by more than 4°C; because of this, external temperature-monitoring is not required (see figure 2)
Figure 1 – Illustration highlighting the benefits of instant tissue heating with its minimal thermal diffusion to the skin
Figure 2 – Thermal image on the neck of a 52 year-old male shows minimal rise in skin temperatures during use of Renuvion
One of the most exciting advancements in energy technology in the past 20 years, the Renuvion system combines the unique properties of cold helium plasma with the efficiency of RF energy. This synergy enables a high degree of precision, and always with minimal thermal effect to surrounding tissue.
Renuvion has FDA clearance for the cutting, coagulation and ablation of soft tissue during open and laparoscopic surgical procedures.3
- Bovie Study RP- 18070501
- Chen SS, Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: isothermal free shrinkage. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 1997:109:372-378
- Renuvion/J-Plasma® has received a general clearance and has not been determined to be safe or effective for use in any specific procedures for the treatment of any specific conditions.