AS SEEN ON8
Gentle, Precise Tissue Contraction2,3,4,5,6,9,10
Renuvion is a cosmetic technology that can be used as a complementary treatment coupled with liposuction or as a standalone procedure for those seeking optimal results without excisional surgery.11,12,13,14,15,16
Delivering an innovative combination of radiofrequency energy and helium plasma, Renuvion safely heats to the optimal temperature for maximum tissue contraction and cools down in less than a second.2,3,4,5,6,7 This allows you to achieve better results with better control and precision in less time.9,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,18
Using this proprietary technology from Apyx® Medical, many practices have been able to augment their services, attract more patients, schedule more procedures, and boost revenue.19,20
Discover what’s possible with Renuvion and see why this technology is so innovative.
Find out how Renuvion can help you grow your practice, expand your patient population, and deliver better outcomes.12,13,14,15,16,19,20
Renuvion is used in a minimally invasive procedure through small entry points to gently contract tissue below the skin.2,3,4,5,6,7 Incisional scars are very minor compared to traditional excisional surgery.1
The procedure can be performed while awake with a local anesthetic or while the patient is asleep. Recovery time is shorter compared to more invasive treatments and alternative minimally invasive RF technology.1,13,14
Doctors often report that the contraction effect created by Renuvion is noticeable immediately after treatment. Results may even continue to improve over time.2,3,4,5,6,13,14,16
What People Are Saying About Renuvion
See why practices and their patients love Renuvion!
About Apyx Medical
Apyx Medical has earned the trust of practices and hospitals around the world by continuously developing, testing, and refining transformative solutions that meet physicians’ evolving needs and elevate patients’ lives.
Success is driven not by bold marketing claims, but through scientific research, market testing, and constant improvement. This is how Apyx Medical develops advanced energy technology – game-changing solutions that enable doctors to do things they couldn’t do before.
Learn More About Renuvion:
The Renuvion system is intended to be used with compatible electrosurgical generators for the delivery of radiofrequency energy and/or helium plasma to cut, coagulate and ablate soft tissue during open surgical procedures. The Apyx Plasma/RF Handpiece (APR HP) is a sterile, single use electrosurgical (monopolar) device intended to be used in conjunction with compatible generators for the percutaneous delivery of radiofrequency energy and/or helium plasma for cutting, coagulation and ablation of soft tissue.
The Renuvion system has received a general clearance and has not been determined to be safe or effective for use in any specific indication or anatomical location. Apyx Medical does not promote its general clearance products for any specific surgical specialty or subspecialty.
Risk associated with the use of the Renuvion system for subdermal coagulation may include: Helium embolism into the surgical site due to inadvertent introduction into the venous or arterial blood supply system, unintended burns (deep or superficial), pneumothorax, temporary or permanent nerve injury, ischemia, fibrosis, infection, pain, discomfort, gas buildup resulting in temporary and transient crepitus or pain, bleeding, hematoma, seroma, subcutaneous induration, pigmentation changes, increased healing time, unsatisfactory scarring, asymmetry and/or unacceptable cosmetic result. There may be additional risks associated with the use of other devices along with Renuvion and there may be an increased risk for patients who have undergone prior surgical or aesthetic procedures in the treatment area. As with any procedure, individual results may vary. As with all energy devices there are inherent risks associated with its use, refer to the IFU for further information.
- Dayan S. Aesthetic evolution drives birth of minimally invasive surgery subgroup. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2019 Jun 26. doi: 10.1111/jocd.13057. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 31243875.
- Feldman LS, et al. (eds). The SAGES Manual on the Fundamental Use of Surgical Energy (FUSE), ISBN 978‐1‐4614‐2073‐6.
- Chen SS, Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: isothermal free shrinkage. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 1997:109:372-378.
- McDonald MB. Conductive Keratoplasty: A Radiofrequency-based Technique for the Correction of Hyperopia. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 2005;103:512-536.
- Chen SS, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: pseudoelastic behavior at 37° C. J Biomech 1998;31:211-216.
- Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Denaturation of collagen during heating: An irreversible rate process. Annu Rev Biomed Eng; 2002;4:109-128.
- Duncan DI and Roman S. Helium Plasma Subdermal Tissue Contraction Method of Action. Biomed J Sci & Tech Res 31(2)-2020. BJSTR. MS.ID.005075.
- These are 3rd party articles and may not represent the opinions of or constitute an approval by Apyx Medical. Apyx Medical bears no responsibility for the ownership or accuracy of the content.
- Ramsdell WM. Fractional Carbon Dioxide Laser Resurfacing. Semin Plast Surg 2012;26:125-130.
- Masghati S, Pedroso J, Gutierrez M, Stockwell E, Volker W, Howard DL. Comparative Thermal Effects of J-Plasma®, Monopolar, Argon, and Laser Electrosurgery in a Porcine Tissue Model. Surgical Technology International, 2019;34:1-5. PMID: 30825320.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Plastic Surgery Statistics Report. 2019. https://www.plasticsurgery.org/documents/News/Statistics/2019/plastic-surgery-statistics-full-report-2019.pdf.
- Doolabh, V, Ruff, P. A Retrospective Chart Review of Subdermal Neck Coagulation Using Helium Plasma Technology. Dermatological Reviews. 2020; 1– 8. https://doi.org/10.1002/der2.32.
- Kluska M, Nasseri S, Bobrovnikov V. Helium Plasma Versus Radiofrequency for Energy-Enhanced Liposuction: A Prospective Single-Blind Pilot Study (White Paper). 2020. https://www.renuvion.com/clinical/.
- Renuvion Physician Survey Results, MM0317.00 0620 – http://www.renuvion.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/renuvion-physician-survey-results-mm0317-00_070820.pdf.
- Ruff PG, Doolabh V, Zimmerman EM, Gentile RA. Safety and efficacy of helium plasma for subdermal coagulation. Dermatological Reviews. 2020;1-7. https://doi.org/10.1002/der2.34.
- Zamora J, Roman S. Subcutaneous Neck Skin Plasma Tightening. Advances in Cosmetic Surgery 2019; 2(1):89-95.
- Diane Irvine Duncan (March 8th 2019). Helium Plasma-Driven Radiofrequency in Body Contouring, The Art of Body Contouring, Alexandro Aguilera, IntechOpen, DOI:5772/intechopen.84207. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/books/the-art-of-body-contouring/helium-plasma-driven-radiofrequency-in-body-contouring.
- Neinstein R, Funderburk C. Advances in Skin Tightening with Liposculpture: Plasma Technology Versus Radiofrequency. Advances in Cosmetic Surgery 2020;3(1):173-188.
- The Value of Renuvion- A Case Study with Kyle Song, MD. MM00210.00 0819 – http://www.renuvion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/renuvion-value-case-study_drsong_mm00210-00_0819.pdf.
- The Value of Renuvion- A Case Study with Paul G. Ruff IV, MD. MM00209.00 0819 – http://www.renuvion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/renuvion-value-case-study_drruff_mm00209-00_0819.pdf.