WHAT IS RENUVION?
Renuvion cosmetic technology is the result of extensive scientific research and clinical development. Because of its proprietary balance of helium and RF energy, Renuvion has been described as ideal for medical procedures where precision and control are key to an effective treatment.
Renuvion delivers even, controlled energy1 with exceptional precision
Doctors use this novel technology to apply energy beneath the skin, causing a contraction effect that’s gentle on tissue.2,3,4,5,6 The effect of the treatment may continue to improve over time and doctors often report that the contraction effect is noticeable immediately after the procedure.2,3,4,5,6
Renuvion cosmetic technology is offered by Apyx™ Medical, an advanced energy company with a passion for elevating people’s lives through innovative products in the cosmetic and surgical markets. Apyx, formerly known as Bovie® Medical, leverages decades of experience in plasma technologies and unique waveforms to meet the changing needs of today’s patients and physicians.
1. 510(K) Clearance K191542. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf19/K191542.pdf
2. Feldman LS, et al. (eds). The SAGES Manual on the Fundamental Use of Surgical Energy (FUSE), ISBN 978‐1‐4614‐2073‐6.
3. Chen SS, Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: isothermal free shrinkage. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 1997:109:372-378.
4. McDonald MB. Conductive Keratoplasty: A Radiofrequency-based Technique for the Correction of Hyperopia. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 2005;103:512-536.
5. Chen SS, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: pseudoelastic behavior at 37° C. J Biomech 1998;31:211-216.
6. Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Denaturation of collagen during heating: An irreversible rate process. Annu Rev Biomed Eng; 2002;4:109-128.
Renuvion has received a general clearance and has not been determined to be safe or effective for use in any specific procedures for the treatment of any specific conditions.
Risk associated with the use of Renuvion may include: unintended burns (deep or superficial), pneumothorax, scars, temporary or permanent nerve injury, pain, discomfort, gas buildup resulting in temporary and transient crepitus or pain, infection, hematoma, seroma; asymmetry and/or unacceptable cosmetic result. There may be additional risks associated with the use of other devices along with Renuvion and there may be an increased risk for patients who have undergone prior surgical or aesthetic procedures in the treatment area. As with any procedure, individual results may vary. As with all energy devices there are inherent risks associated with its use, refer to the IFU for further information.