About Apyx Medical
Apyx Medical, formerly Bovie® Medical, leverages decades of experience in plasma technologies and unique waveforms to meet the changing needs of today’s market. Known for its Renuvion® and J-Plasma® helium plasma technologies, Apyx is focused on providing transformative solutions that enhance physicians’ practices and the patients they serve.
Apyx Medical continues to excel in the field of advanced energy because doctors trust and believe in the company and its people. They respect the Apyx legacy of innovation. They see Apyx as a scientific-minded organization that’s committed to ongoing research and continuous improvement. They recognize that Apyx is genuinely interested in helping them grow their practice by developing innovative energy solutions.
Never satisfied with the status quo, Apyx Medical is Reshaping What’s Possible®.
The Renuvion Story
Renuvion is the product of years of scientific research, experimentation, refinement, and market testing. Evolving from Apyx Medical’s long history in hospital-based surgery, physicians learned Renuvion was providing controlled heat to tissue which causes a tissue contraction effect.1,2,3,4,5
Learn More About Renuvion:
- Feldman LS, et al. (eds). The SAGES Manual on the Fundamental Use of Surgical Energy (FUSE), ISBN 978‐1‐4614‐2073‐6.
- Chen SS, Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: isothermal free shrinkage. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 1997:109:372-378.
- McDonald MB. Conductive Keratoplasty: A Radiofrequency-based Technique for the Correction of Hyperopia. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 2005;103:512-536.
- Chen SS, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: pseudoelastic behavior at 37° C. J Biomech 1998;31:211-216.
- Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Denaturation of collagen during heating: An irreversible rate process. Annu Rev Biomed Eng; 2002;4:109-128.