for elevating people’s lives through innovative products in our target markets.
About Apyx Medical
Apyx Medical, formerly Bovie® Medical, leverages decades of experience in plasma technologies and unique waveforms to meet the changing needs of today’s market. Known for its Renuvion® and J-Plasma® helium plasma technologies, Apyx is focused on providing transformative solutions that enhance physicians’ practices and the patients they serve.
Apyx Medical continues to excel in the field of advanced energy because doctors trust and believe in the company and its people. They respect the Apyx legacy of innovation. They see Apyx as a scientific-minded organization that’s committed to ongoing research and continuous improvement. They recognize that Apyx is genuinely interested in helping them grow their practice by developing innovative energy solutions.
Never satisfied with the status quo, Apyx Medical is Reshaping What’s Possible®.
The Renuvion Story
Renuvion is the product of years of scientific research, experimentation, refinement, and market testing. Evolving from Apyx Medical’s long history in hospital-based surgery, physicians learned Renuvion was providing controlled heat to tissue which causes a tissue contraction effect.1,2,3,4,5 Although Renuvion was not originally developed for this specific use, Apyx recognized the opportunity to offer tremendous value in this space, enabling physicians to provide optimal results in less time as part of a minimally invasive procedure.6,7,8,9,10,11,12
Practices around the world have discovered that Renuvion is the solution their patients have been seeking – a standalone procedure or complement to liposuction that could provide lasting results with less downtime, less risk, and little scarring.8,10,13 For many practices, Renuvion has become the catalyst for unprecedented growth.14,15
Learn More About Renuvion:
- Feldman LS, et al. (eds). The SAGES Manual on the Fundamental Use of Surgical Energy (FUSE), ISBN 978‐1‐4614‐2073‐6.
- Chen SS, Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: isothermal free shrinkage. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 1997:109:372-378.
- McDonald MB. Conductive Keratoplasty: A Radiofrequency-based Technique for the Correction of Hyperopia. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 2005;103:512-536.
- Chen SS, Humphrey JD. Heat-induced changes in the mechanics of a collagenous tissue: pseudoelastic behavior at 37° C. J Biomech 1998;31:211-216.
- Wright NT, Humphrey JD. Denaturation of collagen during heating: An irreversible rate process. Annu Rev Biomed Eng; 2002;4:109-128.
- Diane Irvine Duncan (March 8th 2019). Helium Plasma-Driven Radiofrequency in Body Contouring, The Art of Body Contouring, Alexandro Aguilera, IntechOpen, DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.84207. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/books/the-art-of-body-contouring/helium-plasma-driven-radiofrequency-in-body-contouring.
- Doolabh, V, Ruff, P. A Retrospective Chart Review of Subdermal Neck Coagulation Using Helium Plasma Technology. Dermatological Reviews. 2020; 1– 8. https://doi.org/10.1002/der2.32.
- Kluska M, Nasseri S, Bobrovnikov V. Helium Plasma Versus Radiofrequency for Energy-Enhanced Liposuction: A Prospective Single-Blind Pilot Study (White Paper). 2020. https://www.renuvion.com/clinical/.
- Neinstein R, Funderburk C. Advances in Skin Tightening with Liposculpture: Plasma Technology Versus Radiofrequency. Advances in Cosmetic Surgery 2020;3(1):173-188.
- Renuvion Physician Survey Results, MM0317.00 0620 – http://www.renuvion.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/renuvion-physician-survey-results-mm0317-00_070820.pdf.
- Ruff PG, Doolabh V, Zimmerman EM, Gentile RA. Safety and efficacy of helium plasma for subdermal coagulation. Dermatological Reviews. 2020;1-7. https://doi.org/10.1002/der2.34.
- Zamora J, Roman S. Subcutaneous Neck Skin Plasma Tightening. Advances in Cosmetic Surgery 2019; 2(1):89-95.
- Dayan S. Aesthetic evolution drives birth of minimally invasive surgery subgroup. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2019 Jun 26. doi: 10.1111/jocd.13057. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 31243875.
- The Value of Renuvion- A Case Study with Kyle Song, MD. MM00210.00 0819 – http://www.renuvion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/renuvion-value-case-study_drsong_mm00210-00_0819.pdf.
- The Value of Renuvion- A Case Study with Paul G. Ruff IV, MD. MM00209.00 0819 – http://www.renuvion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/renuvion-value-case-study_drruff_mm00209-00_0819.pdf.